One of the last home automation installations we did in a residential house was to automate the entrance door of a building without disturbing the common space of the building, all through your smart home.
How did we do this?
We installed a Shelly 1 on the intercom and now whenever the customer wants to open the door of the building, they just need to activate it through the Shelly application.
Later on we will explain the connection made to the intercom in question and show you a video of its use.
But before that, let's answer the most asked questions on our social networks where the video was shared:
1. Do I need to be at home to trigger (ie on the same WiFi network)? It works via the cloud, so all you need is internet access wherever you are and you can control your gateway.
2. How much does it cost? The value of the Shelly 1 is not the deciding factor, the part that bears the costs is the installation part whether it is done by a professional or not.
NOTE: This installation must always be carried out by a technician and SMARTIFY is not responsible for any damage caused during the installation.
See here a video-example of use.
1. Pull the power cables (Phase and Neutral) from the junction box or a nearby socket to the intercom to be installed.
2. Connect phase to "L".
3. Connect neutral to "N".
4. Identify the two cables that are on the intercom button that allow you to activate the door of the building.
5. From point 4, the cable that goes to the door of the building should be connected to "0" on Shelly 1 and the other cable should be connected to "I" on Shelly 1.
6. A second cable must be placed on the "I" of Shelly 1 that will be connected to the intercom button.
7. Another cable must be connected to the intercom button that leads to the "SW" of Shelly 1.
Note: In some situations it will not be possible to keep the functionality of the original button (due to low current and Shelly 1 not detecting it). In these cases, we recommend using only the Smartphone and virtual assistant or purchasing a Shelly Button to place next to the intercom.
Buy it here: Shelly 1
For an installation and automation quote in the Lisbon metropolitan area: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.